Event speakers, virtual moderator or live emcee training & coaching (Custom training in English)
- Group Size: Private or group workshops
- Approach: On-site & netmeetings
- Price: Based on your needs
Let us help you prepare for your next live or virtual event. Give speakers and moderators the skills that they need to feel good and perform well on stage or virtually. We’re not born with public speaking skills, but we can become great speakers and emcees.
Public speaking is particularly difficult for analytically-minded subjected experts and business leaders, but we can help. Using a process designed for them, we help engineers, technical salesman, and leaders to clarify their key messages, manage their nerves, and present with charisma.
Moderating a virtual event, or emceeing a live event, requires slightly different skills and preparation. We help moderators engage the audience, while they build curiosity and interest for the speakers.
Event Speaker Training & Coaching
We’re flexible. Our Event Speaker Training & Coaching is designed around your moderators, speakers and business needs. The structure typically involves –
- Overall event goal and strategy session(s)
- Group training – For example, see agendas for our 1/2-day, 1-day or 2-day Presentations & Public Speaking training courses. Your attendees learn a step-by-step process to create powerful presentations that send clear key messages. During the workshop, speakers apply the process to the creation of their event presentation, so they emerge with an initial rough draft presentation. The longer training sessions include several presenter practice sessions.
- Individual and executive coaching for PowerPoint and/or script development
- Moderator training (for the needs of those introducing speakers or hosting a panel discussion)
- Practice sessions with video feedback to gain confidence and to improve on-stage performance
Using our 5 step process, designed for analytical minds, speakers receive training and coaching to –
- Manage public speaking nerves and stage fright – Developed with the support of an anxiety specialist, we use several tools and exercises to manage presentation nerves, develop confidence, and avoid stage fright and black-outs. This may be included in group or individual training sessions.
- Create key messaging, content, storytelling structures, PowerPoint slides, speaker scripts – Your team will create event-worthy slides that are easy-to-present and that achieve the desired business results. As a native English speaker, your trainer helps presenters write and refine scripts, add analogies and stories to make key points, and use the proper English grammar.
- Speak on stage with energy and presence
We make it easy, combining on-site and net meetings to meet your needs and budget. Our approach seeks to reduce event stress and foster team-building, as speakers build confidence, clarity, and charisma. Contact us to discuss your specific training needs.
Your event trainer and coach: Kimberly VanLandingham
Kimberly provides training in international communication for technical and business presenters:
- CEO, trainer, adviser, and keynote speaker
- Former product spokesman for DuPont on TV/radio and large events
- TEDx trainer
- Masters in communication (MA Cross-Cultural Communication) and BS in engineering (BS Electrical Engineering)
- Over 20 years of corporate business experience for DuPont (Fortune 50 company) in technical, sales, marketing, and business management (including Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, and Corporate Growth Manager)
- Easy-to-understand native English-speaker, also supports English usage/accents
Contact us to discuss your project in more detail. We offer attractive pricing for multi-day training and practicing. The price, time, and structure depends on the length of the presentations, number of people and starting skill level.
Training is available in English and throughout western Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas. We also offer training at our training center, just a couple minutes walk from the main train station in Martigny, Switzerland.