Presentations & other business communications – 2 day (Corporate small group training course)
- Group Size: Ideal for 6
- Length: 2 days
- Level: Tailored to the group
- Price per corporate group: Contact us
This is a cleverly designed workshop to help technical, sales and business people sharpen their business communication skills, and get business results.
Great communicators aren’t born, they’re made. While their speeches and documents may look effortless, preparations and practice are behind every great communicator and their tools.
Your team will be introduced to practical business communication tools and techniques, which are first applied to presentations and public speaking. With their colleagues, they’ll practice presenting in a supportive team-building atmosphere. We’ll video the presenting practice sessions for self-analysis and individual coaching. Then, we’ll extend the same communication rules to emails and meetings. This cumulative approach is reinforcing and practical. The approach may be used to develop new communication tools or combined with European Market Link’s B2B Sales or Market Development training.
This course is provided in English, may be tailored to your specific needs, and is available throughout Switzerland.
Who should attend this Presentations & Other Business Communications course:
We specialize is helping analytical minds and international companies. This course was designed for new B2B employees, who need to communicate professionally, internally and/or externally. It is ideal for technical sales, market developers, finance, buyers or others; and, it may be adapted to your specific business communication situation.
Presentations & Other Business Communications training course topics:
The course begins by focusing business presentations, alternating short theory reviews with workshops and presentation practice. Each presentation is videoed for self-assessment and confidence building. Presentation topics include —
- Controlling fear and stage fright
- The communication tool kit
- On-stage presence with body and voice
- Preparations and purpose to achieve business results
- Content and structures that convey your key messages
- Opening and closing ideas
- PowerPoint slides that are easy to present
- Includes lots of practice sessions with video feedback
Attendees continue practicing presentation skills, while we extend the communication principles into other business communications —
- Business writing
- Write with purpose
- Concise & skim-able structures
- Eliminating words — grammar tricks
- Optional — sales letters & emails, cold call emails, technical reports, etc.
- Planning and leading successful business meetings
- Preparation (and pre-selling)
- The ‘devil is in the details’ — plan, assign & do
- Don’t forget the next steps
- Planning your communication
Your communication trainer: Kimberly VanLandingham, CEO, trainer, adviser, speaker
- Over 20 years of experience with the DuPont Company (in technical sales, marketing, global business management, and EMEA regional management)
- Product spokesman on TV, radio and large events
- 8 years as a presentation and communication trainer,
- Keynote speaker and trainer for TEDx
- Masters in communications (MACCC) and bachelors in engineering (BSEE), and ongoing research relating to international business communications and teams
- Native English speaker, easy-to-understand and helpful to those who speak English as a second language
What makes this business communication training course different:
- Integrated format efficiently covers several business communication areas, saving time and money.
- Action-oriented and fun workshop.
- Lots of presentation practice with video feedback.
- It’s the REAL WORLD. This course was developed for real business situations.
- Your instructor cares!
The price includes tailoring to your business needs, a training booklet, video feedback, and other materials. Please contact us for a formal quote or variations that better fit your needs.
Product provider and other topics:
European Market Link Sàrl is the owner and course provider. We also offer 1:1 Public Speaking Coaching and open-enrollment Presentation and Public Speaking training courses. European Market Link specializes in international communications for technical, sales and business teams. This includes presentation training, cross-cultural/intercultural training, and B2B sales and market development training.
Training is available in English and throughout Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zug, Lucerne, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.Contact us