Presentations & public speaking for business – 1 day (Open enrollment training course)
- Group Size: 5 participants maximum
- Next training course: January 16, 2020
- Price*: 790 CHF/person (690 CHF with early booking discount)
Gain confidence, clarity, and charisma in this highly interactive training workshop. Our step-by-step process is designed specifically for technical, sales, and business presenters. You’ll learn tools to overcome your fears, and to develop presentations that are easy-to-deliver. We use a mix of short theory sessions, video examples, workshops and presentation practice. You’ll receive individual pointers and see videos of your practice sessions in a comfortable small group (maximum of 5 participants). The training course includes a course booklet with theory summaries, processes, and worksheets.
Note: This 1-day intense course includes 2-3 short practice sessions and the critical presentation theories. We recommend the 2-day presentation training workshop for those wishing to practice more and cover additional topics.
One-day Presentations & Public Speaking for Business – 1-day training course date:
Only 5 places available.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 — 9:00 to 17:45
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 — 9:00 to 17:45
Contact us for course availability and to reserve your place.
Who should attend this training workshop:
New, technical or advancing professionals and managers, who wishes to improve their business presentation development and delivery skills, and only have one day available for training. The materials are designed for international business, technical, and sales presenters.
Presentations & Public Speaking for Business – training workshop topics:
- Introduction and your goals for this course
- Overcoming your fear and building confidence
- Communication and the audience’s brain: Communication rules used by great presenters
- Preparation: Planning to get results
- Content: Choosing content for a memorable talk
- Structures and stories: Structuring your speech with storytelling and other power tools
- Hooks: Opening and closing techniques to hook the audience
- Visual aids: Powerful slides and other tools
- Speaker’s body: Body language that works
- Speaker’s voice: Using your voice to engage the audience
Videos, workshops or practice sessions (with video feedback) are included with most topics, so you gain confidence and refine your technique throughout the day.
Your instructor: Kimberly VanLandingham
- CEO of European Market Link Sàrl
- Corporate and TEDx presentation trainer
- Over 20 years of corporate and international management experience with the DuPont Company (e.g. Global Teflon(r) Consumer Products Business Leader, Global Business Manager, EMEA Regional Manager, Growth Manager, R&D Manager, etc.)
- Product spokesman on TV and radio, and a keynote speaker
- Masters in cross-cultural communications (MACCC) and BS in engineering (BSEE)
- Easy-to understand native English speaker (so able to help with English wording)
What makes this workshop different:
- High-energy, action-oriented!
- Small classes (up to 5) enable practice and personal coaching.
- Video feedback for you to build your own style.
- Designed for technical, sales, and business presenters.
- Workshop attendees help and learn from each other in a comfortable and fun environment.
Participants leave the workshop feeling more confident and excited to give their next business presentation.
Presentation training prices:
*The price is 790 CHF/person, 690 CHF with the early booking discount. Classes are limited to only 5 participants. Workshops fill-up quickly, so book your place early.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020
790 CHF/person, 690 CHF, if reserved before November 16, 2019
- Thursday, August 20, 2020
790 CHF/person, 690 CHF, if reserved before June 20, 2020
Price includes training facility, facilitation, training manual, other workshop materials, private video of your practice presentations, morning coffee and tea with croissants, and afternoon cold drinks with biscuits and fruit. We break for lunch to enjoy some fresh air and the nice restaurants close by. The price does not include lunch, dinner, or travel expenses.
Training course location:
This open-enrollment training course will be held at our training facility in Martigny, Switzerland:
European Market Link Sàrl
Rue du Léman, 14
Martigny is a beautiful town in the French part of Switzerland. Nestled between three valleys, it’s surrounded by vineyards and mountain peaks, yet easy to access by train or car. You’ll enjoy sampling the local wines and creative cuisine at a wide selection of bars and restaurants. With sculptures throughout the town, a roman stadium and modern art exhibits; Martigny is known as the “ville d’art et de culture.”
This training center is just a couple minutes walk from Martigny’s main train station, which is a stop on several Swiss train lines. It’s also close to several reasonably priced hotels, parking. and the motorway. Here are helpful transportation links:
- Martigny – Hotels
- Swiss train tickets (SBB)
- Train tickets to Martigny from EuroRail
- Martigny tourist information – Art and culture
- Contact us to check availability, ask questions, then decide on payment method.
- Pay 30% deposit to hold your space. (Your receive an invoice for a bank transfers or a MasterCard/Visa payment. You also receive a welcome email with course information and maps.)
- Final payment is due 1 week prior to the course.
Cancellation and change policy:
If you need to cancel…
- You may transfer your deposit or final course payments to another person, who will attend in your place.
- The 30% deposit can be transferred to a later course, if you tell us at least 1 month prior to the workshop that you originally reserved.
- The final payment and deposits, with cancellation notices of less than 1 month, can be transferred to a later course if we re-sell the place on the original course.
If we need to cancel for any reason, we will refund or transfer your payments.
Contact us to check availability, for more information on this workshop, or for custom corporate courses, available throughout Switzerland, including Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Sion, Fribourg, Thun, Bern, Biel, Zurich, Basel and surrounding areas.